I’ve noticed that looking for help starting a blog has been a hot topic for my readers this past month.
There are many things to think about when deciding to start a blog:
- Do you have time in your week to write at least three posts?
- Are you looking to make a personal blog for the private viewing of your family and friends?
- Will you share personal info on your blog such as family pictures?
- Are you prepared to pay for site placements so that you can be easily found online?
- Are you willing to pay a monthly fee for website hosting?
- Do you have a catchy domain name that is easily remembered?
- Do you wish to make profits from your blog using affiliate offers or will your blog be a hobby with no advertisements?
- What topics will you blog about?
- Will your blog be anonymous or will you share your true identity?
These are just a few things you need to answer for yourself before researching deeper into your blog idea. It is very important that you have your ideas well planned out before jumping in head first. There are many blogging themes, and programs to chose from. My favorite is WordPress, but there are many others out there that may better suit your needs.
If you’d like to try your hand at blogging, I love to have guest bloggers on my site. If you chose to become a guest blogger, you can show your posts off to your friends and family or link your site to mine through your post. This will allow you to blog as much or little as you would like. It is a good feeling to know that you are sharing your ideas with moms everywhere.
In order to become a guest blogger, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- write a post that is at least 200 words or more with a catchy title
- have good content, proper grammar, so spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck before sending in your post
- write on a topic that is relevant to the mom blog, something that contains children, homework tips, money saving tips, family tips, family activities, tips for moms, etc.
- email your proposed topic for approval before you start writing, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- send me a personal picture if you’d like to include it with your post
- HAVE FUN!!
If you decide that you’d like to blog at your own leisure, I’d love to share your ideas on the mom blog. If you’d like to go out on your own, submit a post to my site to email@example.com and I’ll give you the URL to your post. You can share your post with everyone on your email contact list, Facebook or etc. and see how everyone responds to your writing.
Beware, blogging can be highly addictive. I find myself thinking of topics all day long. Keep that notebook handy!