Jo Ann McAlister, from Princeton, Ky sent in her favorite recipe to share on the mom blog. It sounds perfect for a family picnic recipe.
Creamy Fruit Salad Recipe
1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sugar
1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries, drained
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
1 carton (8 oz.) Cool-Whip, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese & sugar until fluffy.
- Cut 4-5 cherries & 6 oranges in half for garnish.
- Add the pineapple & remaining cherries to cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in Cool Whip & remaining oranges.
- Place in a bowl & refrigerate.
The fruit salad picture above shows an alternative garnish design. If you have any questions for Jo Ann about this recipe, feel free to leave them for her on the comment section of this post.