Personalize Your Comments With A Gravatar
Avid “blog readers” often have personal pictures that are attached to their comments. I have found an easy website to use in getting a free “Gravatar” or free picture to go along with your comments in case you’d like to create a personal gravatar. Your selected “gravatar” will resemble the pictures like you see on your FaceBook account. Once you own your free gravatar, which is linked to your email address, you can use it for other sites as well that ask for your website info.
1. Go to http://en.gravatar.com/
2. Click the button that says “Get Your Gravatar Today”
3. Submit your email and click the Sign up button.
4. Check your email account that you submitted for an email from Gravatar.
SELECTING YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD CAN BE TRICKY FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON SELECTING YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD. CLICK ON THE “CHECK” BUTTON TO SEE IF YOUR USERNAME IS AVAILABLE BEFORE SELECTING YOUR PASSWORD. I HAD TO TRY SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE FINDING A USERNAME THAT WAS NOT ALREADY IN USE. I HAD TO CHOSE A LONG USERNAME IN ORDER TO FIND ONE. BE SURE AND WRITE DOWN THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD SO YOU CAN GET BACK IN YOUR ACCOUNT TO USE YOUR GRAVATAR AS NEEDED.
5. Click on the first blue provided URL on the email you were sent in order to activate your “gravatar” or personal picture.
6. Gravatar.com will ask you to find a picture from your computer, camera or from a picture online. You can use a personal picture that has been saved on your computer or select a picture from Google to display for you.
7. If you wish to find a picture online, go to google and select images in the upper left of the page and type in what you are looking for. For example, you could look for snowman, cat, etc. Once you find the picture you’d like, right click on the picture and select “copy image location.” Paste that into the URL box and hit “next.”
8. Choose your picture rating by clicking one of the boxes.
9. Hit the “check your avatar button” and copy the ENTIRE link that looks something like: http://www.gravatar.com/avatar………..
10. Paste this link in the website section of the comment that you leave. If you’ve already left a comment, you can leave the same comment, this time trying out your new avatar and I will erase the first one for you if I see duplicate comments.
11. If you have trouble, there is a help section in the top right of your Gravatar.com screen. Good luck — I know you can do it.
PRINT THIS POST SO YOU CAN REFER BACK TO IT WHILE YOU SET UP YOUR GRAVATAR.