My family and I have been reviewing SodaStream for awhile and are still making SodaStream drinks on a daily basis. My son loves the Root Beer and I am now drinking the diet Orange. I only drink diet drinks because of the huge amount of calories found in a regular soda, but with SodaStream, the regular drinks only have 35 calories! The only flavor that I thought I would have liked and didn’t, was the Cola Free.
It is unbelievable that I can make soda in just a few minutes using a machine that has no batteries or doesn’t plug in the wall, water and a bottle of flavoring! The machine allows you to shoot fizz or carbonation into your SodaStream carbonated bottle by pushing a button on top of the machine. Then you add your syrup and shake. Keep in mind, you can make messes with this machine if you aren’t careful. Trust me, we’ve made a few ourselves, but most of our messes happened before we added the syrup which is much better than spilling the syrup all over. Some drinks fizz more than others, so just make sure and open the top of your carbonated bottle slowly in case your drink starts to fizz.
My son is 11 and is obsessed with this machine! He loves it and makes a liter of Root Beer every day! He also loved the Mr. Pete – Dr. Pepper equivalent, which to me tasted exactly like Dr. Pepper 10. These carbonation bottles hold carbonation much better than the 2 liters you buy at the store. When we reach the bottom of our 2 liters, I usually throw them away because they will go flat on me if not drank quick enough. I left a drink in the fridge in the SodaStream bottle for over a week and it still had LOTS of fizz in it when I opened it up after the week had passed.
As far as a savings, if you figure using coupons or sales to buy two liters, I really can’t see that much savings here. If you figure in the amount of drinks that you throw away due to having gone flat or the amount of 2 liters you buy at $1.99 each, there is a savings. I see the advantages of the SodaStream to be the easy storage of multiple drink flavors, fresh drinks always on hand and low calorie flavor choices.
- When I go grocery shopping, I find myself getting one flavored soda for more husband, one for my son and one for myself. This takes up a lot of room in my pantry or fridge. The SodaStream flavors store easily in the pantry and can be used for multiple servings so I don’t have to keep making a trip to the grocery for more drinks.
- Each morning when I make a new bottle of SodaStream soda I know I will have a fresh, great tasting, carbonated soda without worrying about it going flat on me.
- My son loves Root Beer, but I don’t want him drinking all those calories, so I only buy it for him on special occasions. Now he can drink all the regular drinks he wants with the SodaStream since his favorites only have 35 calories! The drinks are made with Splenda, taste great and are much healthier for him than regular soda.
If you aren’t hooked on grabbing that can and running out the door and you would take a few minutes to make yourself fresh Soda, then you’re the perfect candidate for the SodaStream! My son and I are definitely hooked and will definitely continue to use ours! SodaStream is sponsoring a giveaway where one winner will be awarded with a Fountain Jet Soda Lover’s Start-Up Kit ($99.95) which includes:
– Fountain Jet – winner’s choice of color (black/silver, red/silver or white)
– 1 carbonating bottle, reusable for up to 3 years
– Reusable carbonator to fizz up to 60L of soda
– Variety 6-pack of popular sample-size flavors
– 3 full-sized flavors of the winner’s choice