I make this often and it is the most delicious pork tenderloin recipe. Everyone that I have served it to, absolutely loved it. This is an old fashioned mock chicken dish, actually made of tender seasoned pork. The delicious gravy is so good over mashed potatoes. I do not use skewers, I just put the pork in a pan and it is much easier and more tender.
City Chicken Recipe
Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Thread pork on small wooden skewers. Combine the flour, garlic salt and pepper on a plate; roll kabobs in flour mixture until coated. (I do not use kabobs, I just put the pork pieces in a large frying pan.)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown kabobs, (pork,) in butter and oil, turning frequently; drain the grease. Sprinkle with soup mix and add the chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- If desired, thicken pan juices and serve with mashed potatoes.