Getting the spa treatment can be costly. What if I told you that you could get that spa treatment at home for way less than at the actual spa? It’s true! All you need are a few ingredients from your pantry, your imagination, and willingness to give yourself the face mask treatment!
- 2 kiwis
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of almond oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice
- Peel your kiwis and puree them
- After your are done peeling/pureeing, blend in the other ingredients (plain yogurt, orange juice, and almond/olive oil) and mix well until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Avoiding your eyes, start to rub the cream into your face. Give yourself a mini face massage while doing that.
- You should be feeling a tingling sensation – that’s normal!
- Leave the mask on until it’s dry and then wash it off. You should be able to notice a difference in your skin. It should be smooth, soft and hydrated. You might even glow!
This is definitely cheaper than getting one done professionally. Plus it’s perfect for a girl’s night or even a “you” night. All you need are some sweets or popcorn, a good movie, and a comfy pillow and blanket. I suggest doing a face mask once a week. I like to keep my skin soft and clean with the mask. It helps to prevent breakouts and oily skin. If you start to see your skin drying out, change from once a week to once every two weeks. That should be perfect! Do you have any do-it-yourself face mask recipes you can share? I have heard using bananas works as well. Feel free to share your recipes! If you don’t have any, feel free to share your results!
Photo Credit: damederose.wordpress.com