Winter is approaching, and for many of us we will be experiencing snow and ice. This can be very stressful, but I have some tips for you that will help get you through winter this year!
- How to “unstick” your car: If your car is stuck, try putting some kitty litter under the tires. If that doesn’t work, try using some salt or the floor mats from your car.
- Fix your favorite sweater: If you pull out your favorite sweater and it is “pilly” from being washed so much, grab a razor from your bathroom and “shave” the sweater. The yarn balls will come right off and your sweater will look good as new again! NOTE: Please use caution – some fabric or material is not compatible with this tip.
- This is an interesting one: Put super long socks on your windshield wipers while you are home to prevent them from getting iced over! I can’t wait to try this one out.
- Make sure you switch the direction of your ceiling fan: your fan should be running clockwise in the wintertime. This pushes the heat from the ceiling down to the bottom of the house, keeping you warmer!
- Make snow shoveling easier: It is very hard to shovel snow, especially if it is thick/hard snow and there’s a lot of it. If you spray some non-stick spray on your shovel, the snow will fall right off and you will be able to shovel your snow much quicker!
- I hate when my side mirrors on my car get iced over! This year, I am placing Ziploc bags over each of them to keep them frost and ice-free! Try it out!
- If for any reason you need to ride your bike in the snow (you brave soul!), you can place zip ties over the tires to create traction. Place them a few inches apart around both tires.
Do you have any winter tips? Living in Texas, we really don’t experience much winter weather, but growing up in Kentucky, we always had snow and ice each winter.