Are you looking for a yummy chicken dinner recipe to cook up for your family? Perhaps you are having guests over for a dinner party. Whatever your plans are, this chicken recipe will be perfect! I was given this recipe by a friend so I didn’t have an original photo to use to display this particular recipe. In order to give you a peek of perpared Tarragon Chicken, I grabbed the image above from ribbitsandtiaras.com
You will need:
- One whole chicken
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of fresh tarragon (or one tablespoon of dried tarragon)
- One half teaspoon of salt
- One-fourth teaspoon of black pepper
- One pound of baby new potatoes
- Two small onions
Are you ready to cook? Let’s go!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. If you are using a cast iron skillet, place your skillet in the oven as well and let it heat up with the oven. By doing this, it will help to sear the bottom of the chicken as it roasts. This will keep it moist!
- Season your chicken (inside AND outside) with one tablespoon of olive oil, the tarragon, ¼ teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper.
- Toss your halved potatoes and cut your onions into eighths and throw them in with the potatoes and the remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Once your oven is preheated, carefully remove the skillet and place the chicken (breast side up) and surround it with the potatoes and onions.
- Return the skillet into the oven and roast it for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the temperature down to 370 degrees and continue roasting for another 45 minutes. The potatoes should be tender, the chicken juices should run clear, the chicken legs move easily when you wiggle them, and your meat thermometer should read 170 degrees when stuck into the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool for three to four minutes. Carve it up and serve! Enjoy!