It is bonfire season, so that means it is also s’mores season! I love sitting around a bonfire with my marshmallow on a stick and then putting it on my graham cracker and chocolate bar! But, I know not everyone has an opportunity to just make a fire and melt his or her marshmallows. For those of you who want s’mores but do not have access to a fire, I have a great idea for you!
Photo Credit: www.mommygaga.com
You will need:
- 7 graham crackers, finely crushed (should equal out to 1 cup)
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars divided into rectangles. We like to use Hershey’s bars, 1.55 oz.
- 12 large marshmallows
- 24 cup mini muffin pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Crush your graham crackers into crumbs if you have not done so already. You can use a food processor, but if you do not have one of those you can put them into a plastic baggie and crush them inside of it to avoid a mess.
- Melt your butter
- Combine your graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and powdered sugar into a bowl.
- Grease your muffin pan
- Evenly distribute your graham cracker mixture into your 24 cup mini muffin pan.
- Press your crumbs down to form a shallow cup inside of your muffin pan
- Bake 4-5 minutes (or until the little cups are “bubbling”)
- While those are baking, divide your candy bars up into the little rectangles and cut your marshmallows in half. This works best if you use scissors that have been sitting in cold water. That will help with an even divide.
- Remove your pan from the oven and place one chocolate rectangle into each cup.
- Place one marshmallow half (cut side down) into each cup on top of the chocolate.
- Return these into the over for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove them on to a cooling rack (or leave in the pan) and let them cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!